- Highest US state sales taxJust to illustrate my point with some actual figures, my work handed out a sheet today of payroll deductions for 2009. Since we are spread across several states, this one sheet had a listing of the changes for all the locations we presently reside. For supplemental wages, such as bonuses & vacation pay, there is a seperate additional withholding tax rate. Lets see if you can pick out the state which is the biggest theif.
- Highest US state buisness taxes
- Highest US state income tax
- Highest US state gasoline tax
- Highest paid teachers (and one of the worst performing states) in the US
Alabama: 5%So yes, lets 'raise taxes,' you worthless Sacramento vampires.
New Mexico: 4.9%
New York: 7.5%
It's just great to live here.